How much can I sell my car for?
The amount you charge for your car is best determined using the fair market value.
If you are looking to sell your car it is important to know the value so that you are able to price the car accurately.
This will help you sell it more quickly but at a fair price for both you and the buyer.
Here are the most popular sites for determining the value of your ride.
These three sources are the Kelley Blue Book, the Black Book and the NADA Guide.
Each of these resources will give you a value for your car. Once you have these three figures you can then determine an average of the 3 to come up with the best estimate for the value of your car.
The websites for these three resources are as follows:
Kelley Blue Book – the website is KBB.com. This is probably the most commonly used car pricing book but maybe not always the most accurate.
Black Book – the website is blackbookusa.com. Some find this is a little more accurate than the Kelley Blue Book.
NADA Guide – the website is nadaguides.com. This is a very common source for auto dealers that are looking for a fair market value.
Each one of these sites can be considered very user-friendly and quite easy to navigate. Each site will ask you a few questions that will be used to help determine the value of your car.
Following is the information regarding the vehicle that you will want to have available when you visit each of the above websites:
- Zip Code, this will be used to determine the market value for your region as prices sometimes vary according to where you live.
- Size of your engine and the type of your transmission.
- Mileage, the mileage on the odometer will be used to help determine the value of your car.
- Vehicle’s extras such as power windows and door locks, sunroof, stereo, alloy wheels, leather or cloth interior, DVD, heated seats, etc.
- Condition of your car, you will need to assess if your car is in good, fair or poor condition. Be honest when entering this information so you can get a realistic value for your car.
Once you have entered this information, you will get a figure from each of these sites. Average these prices out and you will have a fair market value for your vehicle.
You can also look online for similar cars like yours and see what other people and dealers are asking for their vehicles.
The Bottom Line
This will give you more of an idea to see what you are competing against when selling your car.
All of this information put together will give you an idea of much you can sell your car for and get the best price.
No Stress and No Hassle Selling
Let us help you determine the value of your vehicle. We have access to real numbers for what vehicles like yours are selling for in today’s market place.